- Family Names
- Genealogy Research Resources
- Site Map
Family History Updates
- 23andMe and MyHeritage Announce Strategic Collaboration and Product Integration
- Have You Talked with a Streetlight Recently?
- Update: Was Jack the Ripper REALLY Identified through DNA? No!
- New Fellows of the American Society of Genealogists and 2014 Winners of Jacobus Award and ASG Scholar Award
- Plus Edition Newsletter Has Been Sent
Category Archives: Washington State
In another brilliant family history and local history piece, Winquatt of Musings of the History Queen brings us “The mystery of Justin Chenoweth.” In The Dalles, Oregon, Chenoweth’s name (spelled Chenowith by the locals) is plastered all over town. There’s … Continue reading
This is an unconfirmed picture of what I think is the Naval Base at Bremerton, Washington, circa 1926. It was taken by my grandfather, Howard W. West Sr.. He was on the USS Arizona during its stay there for refitting … Continue reading
There is a Coast Guard Museum in Seattle, Washington. This will be invaluable as I dig more into the lives of my father and his father, both serving in the Coast Guard in the Pacific Northwest and Pacific Ocean. The … Continue reading
It took ten years but the amazing book on the history of Snohomish County, Washington, is now available. “Snohomish County: An Illustrated History” features 432 pages packed with geological, environmental, historical, social, and political history of Snohomish County. There are … Continue reading