- Family Names
- Genealogy Research Resources
- Site Map
Family History Updates
- A Million Children Didn’t Show Up in the U.S. 2010 Census. How Many Will Be Missing In 2020?
- Two Sisters From Across the World Reunited Through MyHeritage DNA
- Forces War Records Adds New Online UK Army Records
- Intermountain Healthcare to Build Global DNA Registry with 23andMe, MyHeritage, and AncestryDNA Data
- Human Longevity, Inc. Hires Former Ancestry Executive, Scott Sorensen, as New Chief Technology Officer
Category Archives: Do You Know These People?
According to Wikipedia, the Turban first appeared in the history of clothing early on, highlighting turbans called phakeolis worn by the Byzantine army. My question is where was my grandfather, Howard W. West Sr., that he captured this picture of … Continue reading
In this photograph of my grandfather, Howard William West Sr. (tallest) and friend, based upon the US Coast Guard Military History PDF file of ratings, ranks, warrant, marks and insignia (PDF File), my grandfather was a Petty Officer, Quartermaster, 2nd … Continue reading
On the first pages of the old photograph ablum of my grandfather, Howard W. West, and his time in the Marines and military, much of which was spent on the USS Arizona during the 1920s, I found a lovely signed … Continue reading
Faked marriage. Many marriages. Divorce. Adultry. Drugs and alcohol. Mental illness. Abandoned children. Orphanages. All this soap opera material adds up to our major mystery ancestor: Lula Bell/Louella Brunner Pinder West Moorhause/Morehouse Parrett. It’s really tough when much of the … Continue reading
The IOOF cemetery in Monroe, Washington, has lost my Grandfather Anderson. Raymond E. Anderson (1905-1974) was buried there in 1974. As far as we can tell from the family notes, his tombstone was paid for. But there is no tombstone … Continue reading
The past two weeks has found me searching for Grandfather Anderson. All of them. Well, some I’ve found, but a lot I haven’t. Let me tell you about the first of two Grandfather Andersons we’re looking for. Hans Anderson from … Continue reading