I’m trying to research information on news events that happened between 1958 and 1965 in The Dalles, Oregon, and having no luck on the web. However, I did find some resources worth sharing for future reference.
In particular is the blog by Winquatt called Musings of the History Queen with the tagline “Celebrating life in Historic The Dalles.” I’ve only scraped the surface of all the information on the site, but “On the Hunt for History” lists many local, state, and national resources for the area.
Guess it’s time to head down to the Oregon Historical Society and Oregon History Museum and library to dig through more recent archives and newspapers. I’m so used to digging through old historical stuff, this will be refreshing.
Most Recent Articles by Lorelle VanFossen
- GenSmarts: Reminder to Not Assume
- Gensmarts Saves Your Family History Research Life
- Digging Through Historical Newspapers Online
- RootsMagic and Ancestry: Perfect Marriage
- Choosing Between RootsMagic and Personal Historian